SYKLI Environmental School of Finland is a national specialist vocational college. Our mission is to reinforce environmental knowledge and improve our customers’ operations in line with sustainable development objectives.
SYKLI offers adults preparatory training, short training courses, consultation, and other expert services. Our core competence lies in applying the latest knowledge in practice and in bringing the benefits to our customers. We are known as a pioneer in sustainable working life development. We understand the needs of our clients and tailor our training to the needs of individuals and corporate customers.
We are actively involved in development, implementing national and international projects. These projects help us to develop new tools, products, business models, and competences, in cooperation with our partners. We utilize and apply the results of projects in our training courses. We have extensive experience in both national and international project work: we have acted as coordinator or partner in a number of development projects.
We provide training and development services throughout Finland and internationally. We utilize a broad network of partners to implement our training and services.
At SYKLI we offer:
- development projects
- further and continuing education for adults
- short training courses
- upper secondary VET & competence-based qualifications
- Further Educated with Companies (F.E.C): targeted at persons in transition (i.e. facing unemployment or currently unemployed) and thus looking for new job opportunities
- other expert services
Within the fields of:
- information, tools & skilled professionals for developing activities
- environmental entrepreneurship, project management & managerial work
- permits and qualifications
- waste- environment- and water management and infrastructure
- quality, environmental, safety & risk management
- education, training & communication
- transports & logistics
- energy-efficient construction and buildings & property maintenance
For further information, please contact email@example.com
“OUT OF THE BOX – environmental education and outdoor learning in Finland” course is for all level teachers and others working in organizations that educate children and youth.
Nature is a diverse learning environment for schools and kindergardens in Finland. Outdoor learning is experimental, experience-based, hands-on learning in authentic learning environments. Outdoor learning gives also healthy physical exercise. The joy of learning is created through a wide range of outdoor practices. Social skills are also better strengthened outdoors. A good nature relationship and nature awareness is a first step towards a sustainable way of life.
The course program includes lectures, hands-on workshops, indoor and outdoor activities, and relevant visits focused on the following topics: environmental education and outdoor education, creativity in teaching, interdisciplinary and phenomen-based environmental outdoor education methods of teaching. As a part of their course, Erasmus participants will also meet up with some Finnish daycare and school teachers, to discuss and change ideas on how to teach environmental education outdoors. So be prepared to share your own best practices and ideas, too.
The course starts on Sunday 2nd of October 2022 and ends on Saturday 8th of October 2022.
Feedbak of the course:
”Among other things we did today we would have to mention Ulla’s forrest workshop as very inspiring as well as the first time canoeing. It was both challenging and thrilling. The beauty of surrounding area, the stillnes of the lake and the soothing sounds of nature were the best way to end this day. So gratefull and blessed. Loved also the outdoors workshop and climbing the tree as well as low ropes combinations that put us into some serious teamwork. We’re sure to take home and use lots of new and fun activities from today – both from Ulla’s spontanious showhow (thank you Ulla, you’re the best) and from Meri’s forrest playground. Ukulele session was fun – especially to Marija who’s son is a ukulele player and is up for a big surprise – he’s getting his first ukulele from Finland. Truly enjoying every moment here – from serious work to sauna and the lake dive to singing and dancing with the finnish teachers in the evening.”
Teachers from Malta
”It’s not that we never had pancakes but when you have to do it from the scratch – make your own fire (if you’re lucky) and then make pancakes by holding a pan like the old days well that’s something special. Tuesday’s walk through the wood was an excellent expirience in many levels. First obstacle – crossing the river had us all thinking like one as we had to do some serious teamwork. And we DID IT!! We found many of activities aside of being fun for us will also usefull for our work so we’ll be taking them home with us. We enjoyed the nature – both plants, trees, fresh air and friskness of the air. Beautiful sunset at the lake was most amazing view. Looking forward to the days ahead and new things we learn.”
Teachers from Croatia
” We came for ideas and to learn about how to get our children to learn outdoors but we received so much more. It is almost not describable in words. It was such a big added value for our lives as well.
The whole week learned us things on very different levels:
1. What we came for: to get activities and ways to do outdoor learning with children
2. To inspire us on school level to help us implement this, work with colleagues and parents.
3. The goal of Erasmus: to make new friends, learn about the differences and similarities in Europa, to enjoy each others culture.
4. The enrichment for yourself: getting to know your inside better, getting grip of some problems or situations or thoughts. We are so grateful for this course, which is not ’just’ a course for us. A lot of that is thanks to the persons who are in the team of Sykli. We were inspired a lot!!!!!”
Teachers from Belgium
SYKLI Environmental School of Finland / Phone: +358 50 529 6428 / e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org